TERMS OF HIRE:
The below terms and conditions must be signed and agreed to upon receipt of any mhaslamTech equipment.
‘The Company’ shall refer to mhaslamTech and ‘the customer’ the signatory on the hire sheet.
- All orders must be confirmed in writing or via email.
- Goods may be withheld or substitutes may be supplied at the discretion of the Company.
- If the agreed hire charges are not paid on the due date as per the invoice, the Company reserves the right to repossess the hired/purchased items and will not be liable for any damages or loss which may be suffered by the customer.
- In certain cases, at the Company’s discretion a deposit against loss or damage will be required.
- Any equipment hired will be entirely at the customer’s risk during the hire period and the customer will be responsible for any loss or damage howsoever arising; except when the Company undertakes to operate the equipment in which case the Company will accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused entirely by the Company’s own acts or omissions. The customer undertakes all responsibility for insuring all equipment against all risks to the full replacement value thereof. Any loss or damage to the equipment except as above is to be reimbursed to the Company by the customer to the full value thereof.
- The customer assumes responsibility for bulb replacement for any lighting fixtures except in the case of electrical failure under normal working conditions.
- When spare bulbs are supplied with any fixtures, they must be returned together with all blown bulbs for inspection. Failure to comply with this condition will result in charge for full replacement cost.
- Cables are supplied coiled and either PVC taped or Velcro strapped. They must be returned under the same condition. A charge of 50p will be made per cable for untangling, recoiling and taping.
- Plugs and sockets must not be removed from equipment under any circumstances. A charge of £1.50 is made per cable end for re-wiring.
- Any damage, defect or failure in any hired equipment must be reported within 24 hours of its occurrence. By default the customer will be charged for the cost of repair or replacement in cases of loss or damage (as above)
- Clauses 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 will not apply where the Company undertakes to operate any hired equipment.
- The Company accepts no liability whatsoever for any damage to person or property or for any consequential or economic loss caused by any equipment supplied by the Company or by the operation thereof by the Company or arising out of or in connection with the condition or use thereof whether such liability might arise at common law or by statute or by any other enactment or under or by virtue of the express or implied terms of any agreement between the Company and the customer except in so far as such liability is for death or personal injury and results from the negligence of the company, its servants or agents.
- All invoices are due for payment within 30 days of issue unless otherwise previously agreed. Failure to pay by the due date may incur further charges at the Company’s discretion.